Cherish is my favorite word, and I cherish the ability of turning the routine into a beautiful moment.
Nature creates in me, a spiritual and meditative time to bring peace, harmony and balance, into an otherwise ordinary day~
Mary Howell Cromer







Saturday, December 16, 2017

Two 70 Year Old Birthdays, One 48 Year Anniversary~



~Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy New Year~

One big week beginning December the 18th...my husband will turn 70 years of age. Then on the 21st I will catch up with him.  The day following will be our 48th wedding anniversary, with the beautiful family Christmas celebration at the end of the week of celebrations... 

Remember to double click on the first image, to view a larger slideshow presentation after                                                                you have read the narratives~

I am joining in the fun with Eileen at:
Saturday's Critter

Anni at:
http://id-rather-b-birdin.blogspot.com/ 
I'd Rather Be Birdin'
 Linking to I'd Rather B Birdin'

    
Maggie's  MOSAIC MONDAY
                                              https://normandylife.blogspot.com/


Stewart for:









This was my first life memory when I was 3 years of age... the Oregon coastline with my mother and twin sister.  In 1994 my husband, three daughters and I went there for our vacation journey, and when I saw the great monoliths once again, I broke down in happy tears~


My mother was always there for us...I miss her every day~


I met Bill in high school and we began dating around March of 1963.  After our 1965 graduation he went off to college and when he stayed out a semester to visit his family who were on sabbatical from SBTS, the draft got him.  He was in Vietnam for one year October 4, 1968-1969.  We planned to get married in our hometown of Louisville, KY, but we ended up eloping and were married in Dallas Texas at the smallest wedding just about ever, but I like to say we are just as married as any of the Royals~



One of my most favorite photographs ever!  
We were so happy, and yes that is a little wiglet atop my own hair...didn't it match perfectly ;)~




Our wedding was in Dallas, Texas in the Criswell Chapel that seated around 100, at the First Baptist Church, with myself, Bill, our friends Kris and her beau, as well as Rina and Joe who all lived in the same complex I had.  There was of course the minister and the janitor stood in the doorway and watched.  That was it, that was all, our little wedding party~





Our first German Shepherd was named Belite'.  Now we are on numbers 5,6 &7~


Our changing faces over the first decades~







~YEAH~



A Pileated Woodpecker in our backyard~





The sunshine rising and reflections dancing in the windows~


First year Red-Shouldered Hawk down the lane~




Sweet Muff~




16 comments:

  1. Hello Mary, Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby. Happy Birthday too! I enjoyed all the photos from over the years. You have lots of wonderful, happy memories. Your kitty is adorable and I love your dogs. Thanks so much for linking up and sharing your post. Have a great day and happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 48 years is impressive. Happy Anniversary! Cute kitty and love the pups!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! My December used to be just like yours is now ~ Birthdays and Anniversaries ~ Lovely post and photos and Happy Birthday to you both and Happy Anniversary ~ Seems like just yesterday ~ huh? Many more Happy, Healthy Birthdays and Anniversaries to you !

    Happy Weekend to you,
    A ShutterBug Explores
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  4. awwww

    Enjoyed

    And happy...uh...everything to ya

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Mary. Happy Anniversary, Happy Birthdays and Happy Christmas. You and Bill are so close to our own sets of figures. Almost parallel lives so many miles apart. It was lovely seeing your family photos but I could never do that. We are quite private people as I am sure you have guessed.

    Have a lovely holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to you and your husband AND Happy Anniversary too
    Have a nice Mosaic Monday

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday x2!!!!! Happy Anniversary, too. So nice to see both of you through the years. Memories! Merry Christmas, too! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Mary, Thank you so much for sharing your precious memories with us. Every single photograph tells a story. But most of all, Happy Anniversary. I wish you many, many more. I also wish you a very Merry Christmas and a New Year of health and happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sending lots of happiness your way for your Anniversary and Birthdays combined.
    I loved looking at the collages of the two of you through the years, such history, such a story!
    Thank you for being such a big part of Mosaic Monday, chatting with the MM crowd is the highlight of my blogging week.
    Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, see you in 2018.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thoroughly enjoyed this little history of you and your husband. Happy Birthday to both of you this week, and Happy Anniversary! You look fantastic, then and now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mary - what a wonderful walk down memory lane. Congratulations on 70 (both of you) and 48 years! An inspiration to us all! I have treasured getting to know you this year through your blog. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post! Woodpeckers and the amazing (to me at least) fact that you met you husband before I was born (just!!)

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mary: May all your holly-days be merry and bright!!
    Thanks for allowing us to join you on your birding excursions throughout the year 2017!!!

    Happy Christmas to you from Bud and Anni at I'd Rather B Birdin'.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy, merry, congratulations to all! What a wonderful celebratory and blessed week. Thank you as always for sharing the beauty and joy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy birthday to you and your hubby, and Happy Anniversary, Mary! All the very best in health and happiness for 2018!

    What wonderful photos of your life together, your beautiful mother, your fur babies and of course, Tingsgrove. I especially like the collage of you and Bill over the years, brilliant!

    Merry Christmas to you and yours, sweet friend.

    Hugs,
    Poppy

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy each visitor to "Red Shouldered Hawks of Tingsgrove and Beyond" I truly appreciate those who have become followers to my blog and really am encouraged by the wonderful comments.
FYI if you leave ANONYMOUS comments, they will never get published, so please don't waste your time.

Thanking you~