Cherish is my favorite word, and I cherish the ability of turning the routine into a beautiful moment.
Nature creates in me, a spiritual and meditative time to bring peace, harmony and balance, into an otherwise ordinary day~
Mary Howell Cromer







Thursday, October 19, 2017

Still Awaiting Autumnal Colours and Temperatures~


~Still Awaiting Autumnal Colours and Temperatures~

We are still having Summer like weather and we are worn down from having to water, water, water so much to keep green, or at best alive.  
Yet, we are thankful and blessed that we have had no natural disasters as so many are having both nation and world wide.  
We have lost grasses, shrubs, trees and there isn't much that can be done, other than give them a bit of water.  
The hoses can only reach so far on the acreage.  

I will have a month to catch up with many of you for the appointments are behind me as of today.
WHEW!  
Surgery is tomorrow and I cannot drive for a month.  Huge Sigh, but the end of that time will hopefully begin to improve my gait and end my bone on bone pain.  It has been a terrible Summer and I have had some anxious moments, but I am looking at tomorrow with great hope~

Remember to double click on the first image, to view a larger slideshow presentation after                                                                you have read the narratives~

I am joining in the fun with Eileen at:
Saturday's Critter

Anni at:
http://id-rather-b-birdin.blogspot.com/ 
I'd Rather Be Birdin'
 Linking to I'd Rather B Birdin'

    
Maggie's  MOSAIC MONDAY
                                              https://normandylife.blogspot.com/


Stewart for:



Above a wee Chickadee in our Firebush and below...kind of endearing is a walnut that a Squirrel placed to have for later.  We have Walnut trees but quite a distance from this Honeysuckle bush and I imagine that a young Squirrel thought it looked safe there~


Saturday I looked in our creek and found a little bird that I don't believe I have seen before, or if I have not very often.  A Black-throated Green Warbler~






A spot of colour~


The Northern Mockingbirds were sparring for territory one recent Sunday morning.  One will take over an area for the entire Winter~




Black Bellied Plover, juvenile was all on it's own for several days last month.  
A first for me~




Just pretty Virginia Creeper growing up the limestone walls along the highway~


Our last straggler Ruby-throated Hummingbirds finally flew off into the sunset last week~


Honeysuckle Vine berries is what is all over our land awaiting the Cedar Waxwings.  I am thinking that I may miss hundreds as I shall be laid up following surgery in the morning...
Not at all happy about that~


House Finches are all over in their lovely colours this time of year~


I believe in global warming!  
We here in KY for the past few years have witnessed things we have never before seen.  Kentucky is the fastest weather changing state in the United States.  
The Autumnal berries are abundant and resting alongside next Spring's flower buds already blossoming from the long hot Summer type weather~


Great Blue Heron~



Touch of muted Autumnal colours.  
Much is just turning brown and falling to earth with no colour change~


Heavy fog one morning at dawn.  
A pair of Red-tailed Hawks in the distance preening together~





Red-Shouldered Hawk landing across the lane from where I had parked my car and then preening and stretching~










Harassed by an American Crow~


More Virginia Creeper on Tingsgrove~


American Crow eating seeds high above me~


These are called Strawberry Firebush seed pods.  
I am going to get some seeds to plant for next Spring~


4 comments:

  1. Sending many good thoughts to you for tomorrow's surgery. I know it will help. We should be sending you get well cards and instead you leave us with this wonderful selection of natural beauty -- thank you for every picture. The sparring mockingbird pictures look like fine art illustrations... better than J J Audubon's originals!! Every picture is a work of art for that matter!

    Climate change is definitely upon us (my son says a better term than 'global warming' because some areas are getting colder and wetter... all as a result of the same thing though that it heating up the rest of the planet)....It's not going to get better any time soon either is it?

    Be well.... thank you for sharing the beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We wait, and wait, and wait, here in Florida, too.

    So many great photos. Have I told you lately I love ya. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary - I hope your surgery went well today. I am also behind visiting with my blogger friends since I have had visitors for nine days; it has been refreshing today to catch up with everyone. I love your walnut shot - how endearing. Your bird pictures are always amazing, but I was entranced even more than normal with the warbler - the personality was definitely captured. Last but not least, the plover - the first time I scanned your post, I went quickly to see how many of your posts I had missed, so the plover looked like it was dancing! Speedy recovery, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Mary,

    It's been a while since I last visited, having dropped off the edge of blogland the last two months, it being a very busy summer, which was good for both my body and soul. With the onset of autumn, things are now quieter, with less gardening to do, less traveling to idyllic, Greek islands and more cocooning at home.

    Firstly, you will have had your surgery by the time you read this comment, and I hope and pray that everything went well. How awful that you were experiencing so much pain. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

    Oh, how I've missed your beautiful photos, and today, was such a treat for the senses, apart from the eyes, as each picture drew me in, hearing the sounds and breathing in the scents, of each scene. All the different birds, the fall foliage, the fog and the strawberry fire bush(!) - wow, I wonder if I'm able to grow that striking stunner, here, in our temperate, Cretan climate.

    Thank you for sharing your enchanting surroundings.

    Take care, my friend,
    Hugs,
    Poppy

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy each visitor to "Red Shouldered Hawks of Tingsgrove and Beyond" I truly appreciate those who have become followers to my blog and really am encouraged by the wonderful comments.
FYI if you leave ANONYMOUS comments, they will never get published, so please don't waste your time.

Thanking you~